Diamonds and ToadsClassics, Gift and Keepsake Books, Middle Fiction, New Products, NZ Authors, Social Issues/Diversity, Young Adult
Diamonds and Toads is a bold new treasury of all your favourite fairy tales for children aged 8 to grown up. Featuring a host of diverse new heroes, this book is for every girl and boy – regardless of gender, skin colour or sexual orientation.
This treasury has something for everyone!
- Female and male heroes – Girls save the day just as often as the boys, proving once and for all that gender has nothing to do with being a hero.
- Blossoming heterosexual and same-sex relationships – Love is love. Reading about different types of romance within the same context helps readers acknowledge the normalcy of all relationships.
- Racial diversity – Characters of different skin colours show that anyone of any race can be the primary figure in the fairy tale narrative.
- Modern values – Female characters, once admired merely for the way they look, are now celebrated for being clever, kind and brave.
- Absolute acceptance – There is no fanfare when a character is revealed to be outside the fairy tale norm. Race, gender and sexuality is never questioned.
1 in stock
- Gift cards
- Greeting Cards
- New Products
- Non Fiction